forum.alglib.net

ALGLIB forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

1. This forum can be used for discussion of both ALGLIB-related and general numerical analysis questions
2. This forum is English-only - postings in other languages will be removed.

Post subject: Is ALGlib compatible with Ti DSP c++
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm 

I was wondering how many external dependencies ALGlib has or is it portable and slim enough to be used in c++ code implemented on a DSP architecture?

Post subject: Re: Is ALGlib compatible with Ti DSP c++
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:52 pm 
Site Admin

ALGLIB has no external dependencies, except for standard library :) And it uses very little part of C++ standard library - only math.h, stdlib.h, and several other "easy" files. No heavy things like STL.

However, ALGLIB requires double precision floating point arithmetics - some DSPs provide it, some - not. Furthermore, code size is about 1MB (when compiled) - thus, it can't be used on DSPs without several MB of memory.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:02 pm 

Sergey,

Thanks for the reply. That all sounds promising. I will probably be moving forward with ALGlib on my DSP project in December (Just finishing up some of the test algorithms in MATLAB and will be porting to C++ soon after).

Thanks for the info and all your support for ALGlib, can't wait to get started with it.

*Edit* - I should note that I successfully ported over a trimmed down version of LPSOLVE(http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/) into Ti DSP C++ and dealing with all its dependencies was a pain, luckily the core math procedures had no dependencies, mainly the reporting functionality was heavily windows library dependent. I also ported a polynomial root finder from (http://www.akiti.ca/rpoly_ak1_cpp.html) which pretty much worked right out of the copy and paste...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:28 pm 

I wanted to update my post here regarding ALGLIB on a Ti DSP under C++. All is functioning well and the modular nature of the alglib code has been wonderful to keep code size small. Thank you Sergey for all that you have done.

Best,

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Glad to hear that it worked! I've tried to make library as portable as possible - and it seems to be even more portable than I expected :)