forum.alglib.net

ALGLIB forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

1. This forum can be used for discussion of both ALGLIB-related and general numerical analysis questions
2. This forum is English-only - postings in other languages will be removed.

Post subject: How to use the basestat package of alglib?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:15 am 

Hello, I am new to using alglib and specifically I would like to use it to perform non-parametric correlational tests on my data in my C# environment running Visual Studio. I had installed version 3.10.4 from the NuGet package manager integrated with Visual Studio and I see that there are several class .cs files and there is a .dll file located in bin/Release. However, I am extremely confused how to use the spearmancorr2 or any other function for that matter which is located under a subpackage.

Adding a reference to the alglib dll is easy, but trying to use a function is difficult and I am not sure how to go about it. I had gone through the documentation reading through how to add alglib to my project and looking through the reference manual for the basestat package. My environment does not have any problems with referencing alglib, but trying to execute a function seems non-trivial to me.

I had tried alglib.basestat.spearmancorr2, but my compiler had warned me that basestat does not exist in this current context with a . (therefore alglib.basestat gives no errors but seems useless). I had then tried alglib.basestat corr = new alglib.basestat(); thinking that I have to instantiate an object and then use something like corr.spearmancorr2. I had no errors but when trying corr.spearmancorr2 I received the error that corr does not exist in the current context.

I would be much obliged for any assistance in how to use a function under a subpackage like basestat, as I am thoroughly puzzled how to go about it.

Post subject: Re: How to use the basestat package of alglib?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 am 
Site Admin

Hi!

You should call it as alglib.spearmancorr2(). All ALGLIB functions are merged into one global static class alglib.

Reference manual, by the way, can be found here: https://www.alglib.net/translator/man/manual.csharp.html#sub_spearmancorr2