forum.alglib.net

ALGLIB forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

1. This forum can be used for discussion of both ALGLIB-related and general numerical analysis questions
2. This forum is English-only - postings in other languages will be removed.

Post subject: Compile and link alglib library with new code
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:18 am 

Hi,

I just found out about alglib and wanted it give it a shot to a problem of spline fitting using constrained least squares optimization that I'm working on. I downloaded all the source code and took the example of lsfit_d_lin to get an introduction to the compilation and linking process. Here is the code:

Code:
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <math.h>

#include "ap.h"
#include "alglibinternal.h"
#include "alglibmisc.h"
#include "diffequations.h"
#include "dataanalysis.h"
#include "fasttransforms.h"
#include "integration.h"
#include "interpolation.h"
#include "linalg.h"
#include "optimization.h"
#include "solvers.h"
#include "specialfunctions.h"
#include "statistics.h"
#include "stdafx.h"

using namespace alglib;

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
    //
    // In this example we demonstrate linear fitting by f(x|a) = a*exp(0.5*x).
    //
    // We have:
    // * y - vector of experimental data
    // * fmatrix -  matrix of basis functions calculated at sample points
    //              Actually, we have only one basis function F0 = exp(0.5*x).
    //
    real_2d_array fmatrix = "[[0.606531],[0.670320],[0.740818],[0.818731],[0.904837],[1.000000],[1.105171],[1.221403],[1.349859],[1.491825],[1.648721]]";
    real_1d_array y = "[1.133719, 1.306522, 1.504604, 1.554663, 1.884638, 2.072436, 2.257285, 2.534068, 2.622017, 2.897713, 3.219371]";
    ae_int_t info;
    real_1d_array c;
    lsfitreport rep;

//
    // Linear fitting without weights
    //
    lsfitlinear(y, fmatrix, info, c, rep);
    printf("%d\n", int(info)); // EXPECTED: 1
    printf("%s\n", c.tostring(4).c_str()); // EXPECTED: [1.98650]

//
    // Linear fitting with individual weights.
    // Slightly different result is returned.
    //
    real_1d_array w = "[1.414213, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]";
    lsfitlinearw(y, w, fmatrix, info, c, rep);
    printf("%d\n", int(info)); // EXPECTED: 1
    printf("%s\n", c.tostring(4).c_str()); // EXPECTED: [1.983354]
    return 0;
}

I am using 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 and also installed libalglib-dev and libalglib3.8 that was available from the repositories.

I used the following command to compile:
Quote:
g++ -g -Wall -I../src/ -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ -lalglib linear.cpp

But I end up with a bunch of linker errors:
Quote:
/tmp/ccrVBuSp.o: In function `main':
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:33: undefined reference to `alglib::real_2d_array::real_2d_array(char const*)'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:34: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::real_1d_array(char const*)'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:36: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::real_1d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:37: undefined reference to `alglib::lsfitreport::lsfitreport()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:42: undefined reference to `alglib::lsfitlinear(alglib::real_1d_array const&, alglib::real_2d_array const&, long&, alglib::real_1d_array&, alglib::lsfitreport&)'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:44: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::tostring(int) const'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:50: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::real_1d_array(char const*)'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:51: undefined reference to `alglib::lsfitlinearw(alglib::real_1d_array const&, alglib::real_1d_array const&, alglib::real_2d_array const&, long&, alglib::real_1d_array&, alglib::lsfitreport&)'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:53: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::tostring(int) const'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:50: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::~real_1d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:37: undefined reference to `alglib::lsfitreport::~lsfitreport()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:36: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::~real_1d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:34: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::~real_1d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:54: undefined reference to `alglib::real_2d_array::~real_2d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:50: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::~real_1d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:37: undefined reference to `alglib::lsfitreport::~lsfitreport()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:36: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::~real_1d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:34: undefined reference to `alglib::real_1d_array::~real_1d_array()'
/home/user/source/alglib/tests/linear.cpp:54: undefined reference to `alglib::real_2d_array::~real_2d_array()'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Could someone help me with this? Also, if anyone has an example of using CMake to use with linking the alglib library and wouldn't mind sharing it, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shaun.